Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trailer Park of Terror

I had my definite doubts about this movie. I don’t like to spoil plot points for myself, so I did not read up on it and only provided the little knowledge that is given in the title… It involves a trailer park and there will be some terror involved. Oh yeah, big hint if you may not know me all that well. If you are the kind of person that gives away movies or tells to much of the plot I may become physical. Not sexy physical, like the back of my hand hitting your cheek physical. Anyways… Obviously, any horror movie having to do with ‘redneck’ or ‘trailer park’ is going to have some cheese to it, and personally that is a really thin line of approval for me. So I was not expecting much from this particular film… but I was pleasantly surprised. Actually, I am going to buy this movie, and that is saying something.



Norma is a pretty girl living out her early life in a run down trailer park. All she wants is stability and love, and she has finally found this with her new boyfriend Aaron. After preparing for the local school dance (can I point out she appears to be atleast in her mid 20’s?) there is a scuffle with her waiting boyfriend and the main men of the trailer park. After a few minutes this ends in tragedy, and Aaron is pushed and impaled on the broken iron fence. In tears, Norma runs from the park and walks down the highway to get away, but she is soon approached by a sinister looking gentleman in black who has given her a gun and made ‘a deal’(aka pact with the devil) to get back at those involved in her troubles for a price…



I looked over some reviews and once again an alarming number of people disagree with me and think this movie was a wasted rental. Well fuck. Granted the plot of ‘haunting’ has been done to death, but this actually took a creative and funny turn with it. I genuinely laughed at a few parts, especially Roach(though he had a GREAT jaw bone, so I may be bias because he was alright looking for white trash haha). Also the acting was impressive for the budget, and the cinematography was really good. The angles of some of the shots were amazing and guided you through the story perfectly. And the gore? It was not CGI pumped(done in a careful moderation) and was primarily hand crafted... People just don’t respect that anymore and really should. I would hands down recommend this, and I am sure once I snag a copy I will be handing it out to a few of you locals to watch, especially you Shanda. Also, it appears to be uploaded on Youtube by the user AlterIllusion… and yes, it does appear to be unrated and is available in HQ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, I love this movie! I totally agree - I was not expecting all that much (though I detect a slightly lower tolerance level in you, than I). I was really impressed, especially with regards to the plot and the awesome acting skills of the leading lady. After the first few scenes (trying not to give things away for folks...) I was angry and disappointed (trying really hard here...) but was then brought back to joyous celebration when I realized what was going on (phew...that was hard).

Anyway, I second your emotion - buy this movie. And champion non-CGI horror movies!

Johnny 666 said...

Fuck it, this one seems to be getting good reviews, so I will check it out. Its going for about 5 quid which is the price of a rental, so I may aswell buy the fucker. Besides, I'm diggin that screen shot of the skull face!

Balberith said...

Gore-Gore Girl: I was starting to feel a little solo about liking this movie, I am happy to hear your similar approval! I can't believe how many people are giving this movie a thumbs down. Maybe I have seen so many absolutely horrible horror movies that I am a bit more accepting haha.

Johnny 666: Its pretty damn good, and I am honestly surprised I haven't heard more good things about it. If you have the couple bucks to throw around, I would agree to pick up a copy.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to look things over :)
-Victoria

Kimberly said...

Haha, you sound like me. We both get offended when people dislike our movies. Most people I know haven't seen Hannibal Rising, and that movie was epic! It was one of the best I have seen in years. On the other hand, I feel like I'm keeping it to myself. haha

I have this in my list on You Tube, so I will watch it this weekend.

Have you ever seen My Boyfriend's Back? It's cheesy zombie romance, but it was too cute. Thought it would suck, but I loved it.